|Charityware category.||Web development|
This charityware is authored by:
These are Charity-ware components developed by Chris Menees for .NET. They are all written in C#, and full source code is provided.
1) A few classes, components, and controls that I found myself needing in .NET. You may need them to build other software on my site. Some of what's contained in Menees:
- Complex - A complex number class.
- FileName - A class for working with file names (e.g. getting drive, path, name, ext).
- FormSave - A design-time component for saving and loading a form's state.
- MenuPainter - A design-time component for doing menus with images. It can do standard menus or VisualStudio.NET-style menus. It lets you assign an image to each menu item at design time using the standard menu editor.
- NumericTextBox - A TextBox-derived class that can be used for integer or floating-point numeric entry.
- RecentFiles - Manages a list of recent file names including menu maintenance. It uses FormSave to persist its settings, and it can use MenuPainter to do owner-drawn menu items.
- SafeMath - A floating point math library that will throw exceptions when infinite numbers or NaNs occur. Used by the Complex number class.
- TextEditor - A TextBox-derived class that saves and opens files, manages recent files (with RecentFiles), and exposes several useful properties and events (e.g. CaretPoint and CaretMoved).
2) MeneesDiffUtils - Classes for determining the differences between two text or binary files and controls for displaying the differences between two text files.
- BinaryDiff - A class for differencing binary files, streams, or byte arrays.
- MyersDiff - A class for differencing two integer arrays using the algorithm from Eugene W. Myers's paper An O(ND) Difference Algorithm and Its Variations.
- TextDiff - A class for differencing text files, strings, or string arrays using the MyersDiff class.
- DiffControl, DiffView, and DiffOverview: Controls for visually displaying differences between two text files (in the style of Visual SourceSafe and WinDiff).
Pay it forwardIf you are using this charityware, you may "pay it forward" in the following way:
Bill Menees only asks that you donate $5 to the charity of your choice.